Hello Uni & Paper friends!
This months Flying Unicorns OTP is a picture frame. I started out with a plan to decorate it and half way through it totally fell apart, so back to the drawing board. Sometimes that just happens. So for my second go I started with painting it black.
After the frame was dry I mixed some of the 13@rts purple paint with 13@rts Mica power to make some paste and using the TWC stencil applied some to the frame. I repeated the process with the Green and Silver.
After that dried I panted the black parts of the frame with Tim Holtz black Crackle paint. That had to dry for a while to get the right crackle effect.
I painted the Create with the purple paint and after that gave it a coat with Stickles.
After everything was good and dry it was time for the decoration on the side. I wanted to keep it simple. I know I normally go for lots and lots of flowers but with this I wanted something different. I ran one of the Studio 75 papers through my die cut machine using the Prima - Metal die-cut - Emmanuel Fleurs. I painted a piece of bamboo and some twigs black, giving the ends a touch of the Opal green-gold. Used another heart from the new Christine Adolph - Adhesive Rub-Ons putting some silver and gold foil on it. Only the one purple flower and some green metal cord.
For a project that started out quite disastrous, I think it turned out quite nice.
Thank you for looking.
Below the list of used products:
Tim Holtz Black Crackle Paint
Some bamboo & twigs
Metal centered green cord
Have a very scrappy day!