Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Totally Awesome - Cherish every day!


Hello Paper friends!

It's spring time and I wanted to bring a little happiness onto some cards.
I started out with picking 3 bright colors from Finnabairs new acrylics. These are, Art Alchemy-Acrylic Paint-Metallique Rich Turquoise - 963231, Art Atchemy-Acrylic Paint-Metallique Lime Peel - 963224 and Art Alchemy-Acrylic Paint-Metallique Pure Sunshine - 963187. I cut out 2 pieces of 3-3/4" x5-1/4" of the Prima Water color 12x12 Paper Pad - 847773.


I started with the Turquoise and put some on a dish and watered it down a little. With a brush I splattered and dripped it over the 2 pieces of paper. Once enough on them I picked up the paper and moved the drops around. Creating a running effect. Next I moved on to the green. In the mean time I had cleaned the dish.put some of the green paint on there, now using a stamp from the Prima - Splash Stamp set - 580223 dipping it lightly in the layer on the dish and transferring it to the paper. The effects with these paints are gorgeous. 


For the last color I did the same but now with 2 stamps from Prima stamp set Coffee Stains - 580247. This way I've created my own background. The textures and patterns are so cool and glossy. It worked perfectly.


To decorate the first one I used Garden Fable 3x4 Journaling Note Cards - 578954. I used both a mat on my background card and the Journaling Note Card. The blue flower is from the Garden Fable - Everbloom - 580766 set, the bright Yellow flower is from Royal Menagerie-Mary -583286. 
You can't really call this mono-chromatic but I did want to keep the 3 color theme happening so even with the title (7 dots Verano Azul), sequence from the Garden Fable Chipboard collection, and a bit of ribbon everything gets tied up quite nicely.


For my second card I left my background as it was, only covered it up with flowers, a title, a chipboard piece, sequence and some leaves. 



All items from the same collections as mentioned from before. 
It just feels like a couple of happy cards and the sheen from the Finnabair paints are just fabulous.


As usual my products are provided by the Flying Unicorn store.

Below is the list of used items:

Art Alchemy-Acrylic Paint-Metallique Rich Turquoise - 963231
Art Atchemy-Acrylic Paint-Metallique Lime Peel - 963224
Art Alchemy-Acrylic Paint-Metallique Pure Sunshine - 963187
Prima - Splash Stamp set - 580223
 Prima - Coffee Stains Stamp set - 580247
Garden Fable 3x4 Journaling Note Cards - 578954
Royal Menagerie Flowers - Mary - 583282
7 Dots - Verano Azul 12x12 collection pack

Thank you for looking!

Have a scrappy day!

Are you visiting the Tallahassee area soon?
Stop in and say hello!
Plan a day trip! Crops -Classes-Fun
926 North Monroe St
Tallahassee, Florida
Tel: 850.270.6366 Toll Free 800.231.7119
Visit the Flying Unicorn Store! www.flyingunicornstore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment