Tuesday, April 12, 2016

FUL - BAP - Remember!


Hello Uni & Paper friends!

I hope you're enjoying your latest Flying Unicorn - Your Passion Your Art Kit. It's so full of Prima goodies and today I'm showing a Build-A-Page with some of the parts from the kit and items I got from the Flying Unicorn Store. Lets get started.



I first put a coat of clear gesso on my page because I didn't want my paper to warp too much when applying other wet mixed media. I heat set it and was ready for the next step.


For the next step I decided to use Prima - Frank Garcia - Artisan Powders to spread some color on the page. I took some powder from all 3 colors (what is shown here is way to much) and added water to it. There is so much pigment to these powders. You don't need a lot to get the desired effect. Since I'm not that good in splattering I use a stamp to apply this kind of effect. Added a spray of water when I wanted a more diluted look. For some extra colors I took colors from the Prima pastels and added those to the mix as well. 


Had a spritz of Spring Color Bloom - Gold empress and sprinkled some around as well. 
From the kit I got the other paper from the Vintage Emporium paper and cut 2 pieces of paper. Put some cardboard on the back to raise it all up from the page. I picked a Creative Embellishment - wreath to decorate my page. Leaving it just as it is.


This is the basic set-up for my page. Now I go to the fun part of organizing my flower arrangement. I love me some flowers. Lots of Prima - Vintage Emporium - Flowers


The title is from 13 @rts Laser Cuts - Secret letters collection I inked it with Tim Holtz and lightly brushed it with Prima - Color Bloom - Gold Empress. 


With the kit we got some nice metal ornaments and 2 of them I placed on the layout. 


Below a couple of close-ups.




Thank you for checking in!

Below a list of used products:



Supplies from Flying Unicorn!

Are you visiting the Tallahassee area soon?
Stop in and say hello!
Plan a day trip! Crops -Classes-Fun
926 North Monroe St
Tallahassee, Florida
Tel: 850.270.6366 Toll Free 800.231.7119
Visit the Flying Unicorn Store! www.flyingunicornstore.com


No comments:

Post a Comment