Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Enchanted!


Hello friends!

Time for something completely different this time! 
I Started with the Prima wood trays. I used Prima - Finnabair - Metallic Royal Red- Art Alchemy - 963088 as a base color. I put some on my work mat and sprayed water on it to water it down, when it got soaked in the wood trays it gave it that pinkish red finish. After making sure that was dry I dry brushed over parts with Prima heavy Gesso - 961442.
The previous days I had already made some molds in the new IOD molds I got earlier and sorted through them to see which ones I wanted to use. I got one from Baroque 3-814793, Baroque 6-814823 & Baroque 4-814809.


I started with the my base color and I used Finnabair Acrylic paint Metallique - Steampunk Copper - 963064. I just love these paints. Just dip the tip of your brush in it, dry it of some and dry brush the piece. Pick up a bit more paint and so on. It creates a rustic kind of weathered look. Which I was going for. I moved to the Prima - Finnabair - Metallic Dark Velvet- Art Alchemy - 963125 for some darker details and shading in t on the pieces. On my balustrade, as it is now called. I decided to put some of the Dresden trim. My wonderful friend Heather Thompson sent me some and it was perfect timing. 


For the backgrounds of all the trays I used Prima 12x12 Tales of You and Me-Notre jardin Secret 990800. I did a lot of fuzzy cutting. First the flower borders and the fence. Making sure to keep the middle looking good so I could still use them for the backgrounds. I liked the purple hue of it together with the red/pinks. When I started the project I had no clear idea what it was going to turn out like. Maybe that's half the fun.


There are multiple layers inside the first tray to give it depth. In the Prima - 6x6 Paper Pad Tales of You and Me 584399 is a page with the little butterflies I cut out. I also found the tittle Enchanted in there and from there on the whole theme just came together. I needed to find some fairies. 


I started with my flower arrangement, and if anyone knows me, I love my flowers, I'm a big hoarder of flowers, so I went all out on the flowers. Starting with my Prima-Tales of You & Me Vine - 586256 and printed Vine - 578268. Filling it up with Prima Flowers - 586362, Prima Flowers - 586263Prima Flowers- 586287Prima Flowers - 586348 and some little whit roses form my stash I sprayed with mist to make them blend in with the arrangement.


Prima 12x12 Tales of You and Me-Contes de Toi et Mai 990817 paper is used for the bigger butterflies and the same paper is used from the 6x6 collection. The Prima 12x12 Tales of You and Me-Notre Amour Sera a Jamais 990855 paper has the lady I cut out and gave her a little crown with the same Dresden trim. All the layers in place. The butterflies coated with the watered down layer of gold or red acrylic paint to give it some sheen. I used the Prima - Composition Book 6x6 Stencil 584641 and some Prima gold crackle texture paste - 961558 for some touches on the trays. My final touches are some splatters with Prima Color Bloom Empress Gold - 580315. This project took a while but was fun to create.


I hope you liked it and as usual my products are supplied by Flying Unicorn!

Thank you for looking!

Here's the list:

Prima - Finnabair - Heavy White Gesso - 961442
Prima - IOD - Baroque 4 - 814809
Prima - IOD - Baroque 3 - 814793
Prima - IOD - Baroque 6 - 814823
Prima - Finnabair - Metallic Steampunk Copper-Art Alchemy - 963064
Prima gold crackle texture paste - 961558
Prima Color Bloom Empress Gold  - 580315
Prima-Tales of You & Me Vine - 586256 
Prima -Vine - 578268

Have a scrappy day!



No comments:

Post a Comment