Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Flying Unicorn BAP - Best Friends


Flying Unicorn BAP 
Best Friends

Today I'm back with a tutorial on how I put this layout together. 


On the picture below it shows the products I used. The 12x12 papers are from this months gorgeous February Main Kit - Your Passion Your Art. The flowers are from the various kits as are 2 of the stamps. The Prima 6x6 pad is a preview of the new Tales of You & Me line. I was lucky to see all of the new lines at Prima's Art Venture. This line matches perfectly with the colors of the Newport papers from Riddersholm. The Chippies are from Creative Embellishment and came from my stash.


I started with these 2 papers as my base.


I tore a wide strip of the wood looking paper and stuck it one the left hand side. With the February Main Kit - Your Passion Your Art and the February Mixed Art Kit - Your Passion Your Art we got 2 Prima stamps, I picked a third one from my collection and with brown Stazon stamped in a certain areas with the different stamps to create a background. Most will be covered up again, But here and there it will pop out. 

If you've seen any of my layouts you know I love layering, so I cut some strips and used one of the Prima paintable 4x6 cards from the kit, I always back my pieces of paper with some extra to give it that extra thickness. Let the layering begin. Doesn't that new Prima-Tales of You & Me look awesome with the Riddersholm-Newport paper.


I used one of the papers with the Prima Metal Die - Parisien Lace for some extra detail.


Time to add the photo!

Time to add the flowers and leaves, which were cut with the Prima Metal Die - Leaves-Large.
The Chipboard flourishes are from Creative Embellishments from my stash. I first put gesso on them. Not to precise. After it dried I used one of the stamps with Stazon and randomly stamped over it. 
I tucked one on the left lower corner and one at the right top corner. The title was from last months kit.

Some Brown 13@rts Mist & White Splash Water-Ink as a last detail around the page and we're all done.



Below is the whole tutorial in a video, I hope you'll enjoy watching it.  





Thank you for watching!

Below is a list of used items:

Prima - 6x6 Tales of You & Me



1 comment: