Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Always Together


Hello Paper friends!
I've been playing around with some splattering and misting techniques. 13@rts papers are perfect for this since they are nice and sturdy. I started of with covering both sides with clear gesso. 


Then I used the stencil from 13@rts with all the sentiments and applied gesso in a triangle direction. I have to admit. I watched Keren Tamir earlier in the week and she did a layout that way and it was very striking. So I started off that way. After leting it dry, I sprayed the page with some water and my first color of mist here and there and let is drip. Dry-set it with the heat gun and on with the next colors.


I used stamps and lids to add some circular shapes to the background with white and black splatter ink. Once I was happy with the background I added strips of mesh tape. 


I tore some small strips and glued them on wooden sticks to be able to give lift them up from the page. It's time to place the photo, under it I put some of the cheesecloth.


For the flowers I choose the Prima Royal Menagerie collections. It had all the colors that the mists created on the paper, and with the extra bling on it I felt it gave it a little bit more zing. 
I also added a few crystals.  


All we have to do now is add our title and we're done. For that I chose a sticker from the 13@rts Secret Letter collection. I cut around it so you didn't see the whole plastic square.

For the final touches some extra splatters with the Splash Water Inks. 

Thank you for looking!


Used products:
13@rts Stencil
Prima - Royal Menagerie - Flowers Anne
Prima - Royal Menagerie - Flowers Maud
Crystal Embellishment
Mesh - Cheesecloth
Liquitex Clear Gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment