Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy New Year - Moments!

Happy New Year my Paper Friends!

Hope you're all enjoying the long weekend and that the festivities have been fun. Let's get this new year started with some great layouts and get inspired!

This is my second layout using the 7 Dots - Yuletide papers. They're so nice and modern. A change after all the more classic papers I've used so far this year on my Christmas layouts.

As usual I get most of my supplies from Flying Unicorn. They have so many quality products. 

For this layout I use a similar base as the previous one, but switched the sides. A 3 - 31/2" piece of paper on the left side of the LO and a different design on the rest of the page. It gives a nice background.


From the kit I used a couple of pieces of paper to create some layers, backed with the usual pieces of cardboard to give it some more depth. With a third piece I used the Prima Metal Die-Crochet Doily for a nice detail. With the paper pack there is a whole 12x12 sheet full of different tags so there is plenty to pick from. 


From my stash I picked several lace and ribbons to create some details at the bottom of the layout. To have a layout in just the 3 colors keeps it nice and clean.


Before putting down the flowers I wanted to use the same kind of crochet doilies as in the other layout. This kind the silver ones. It ties the two layouts together. It brings out the colors. 



With this one I didn't want to over do it with the flowers. Just a couple on either side. A few red rhinestones here and there for a little detail.


The title was part of the 13@rts sheet we got in the January Flying Unicorn KOM. I painted it with the 13 Arts Silver Splash Water Ink. 


With the same Splash Ink I splashed over the page and also got the black Splash Ink. 


A couple more sentiments on the right of the layout and we're done. 

I hope you like the process.

The products I used:

Gesso
Various ribbons from my stash

Thank you for looking!

Have a happy scrappy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment