Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Flying Unicorn December Kit OTP - Mailbox!

Hello Paper and OTP fans. 

It is truly the time of the year to go all out on Christmas decorations and when I opened the December kit from Flying Unicorn, I just had to get started on the OTP right away. I had no idea what the Creative Team had done yet with their mailboxes so it was a blank slate. The best way to have really. Extra jitters since now I'm having to do really good, starting January, I'll be part of that amazing team and I better do awesome! 


Right from the start I covered it with gesso (13 @rts) to create a base. When that was dry I used to red acrylic paints to create the look of the background. 


I wanted to create a kind of scenery creatively, without actually painting trees and such, so I used a sponge and dipped it in both Matte White and Metallic Turquoise 13@rts paint to sponge on the mailbox to give the look of foliage. For snow, I just used the Matte White and sponged that around the bottom.


Over the snow part I used a stencil from 13@rts with the holly on there. I mixed some Modelling Paste with the Metallic Turquoise 13@rts paints to create the right color. For the sky I used just white Modelling paste and the other new 13@rts stencil with snow flakes  to ad a little flurry there.  



Now it was time to spruce up the box with all kinds of other goodies. I just love how the colors just blend so nicely together. The flowers used are by Prima, Petaloo & Michaels . Ribbons, Lace by Prima & Michaels. 

All the 13@rts, Prima & Petaloo products are available at my favorite store! Flying Unicorn!

This was such a fun project to do. Now back to the rest of the kit and what a gorgeous kit it is!

Have a wonderfully scrappy day! Thank you for looking!

Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment