Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Heart & Soul



Hello Uni Friends! 
Sharing with you a layout made with our Flying Unicorn - August - Your Passion Your Art Kit

So how do we make a boy layout with all these pinks and incorporate the little gears we got in the kit. That was kind of the challenge set at the start.
The kit came with these beautiful paper collections. Lemoncraft - Just love Me & Studio 75 - Alice's Dream. They work so well together.


I chose my background paper from the Lemoncraft collection and my second paper from Studio 75. This one I tore into strips and layered them, adding some chipboard for padding. Distressing the edges some as well. 
The background needed a little something so I picked out a stamp set from 7 Dots and inked some parts of the paper. After this I mixed some Gesso with pink paint and used it on a stencil. I did not want the mixture to be perfect so the white and pink looked sort of unmixed. The same effect I used with the blue and a different stencil. The blue in this case was a spray of mist. 


Before I could go any further it was time to prepare some of my other products I needed for my layout. I used some mist on cheesecloth to give it some color and for the chipboard pieces I first needed to coat them with gesso. Once that was dry I used 2 mist colors on the chipboard pieces.  


Now it was time to assemble the rest of the layout. 
I used a chipboard piece from Prima to frame my photos. Put some lace under the edge of the paper and draped the cheesecloth across the page. The little gears found their place on either side of the photos. I can not believe this little boy is now a 23 year old man. How time flies. He's an engineer now. I cut 2 straws in little bits and used a few pieces, splattered some white gesso over the page and it was all done. 


Thank you so much for looking!

Below the list of used items:

Lemoncraft - Just love me 06
Studio 75 - Alice's Dreams 06
Prima - Heavy Gesso - 961442
Prima - Finnabair - Art Acrylics - Vintage Rose - 963200
Tim Holtz - Mini Stencils - Set 9
7 Dots Studio - Cold Country - Clear Stamps - SDSS0004
Creative embellishements - Mini Gears
UmWow - Heart & Soul
Prima - Flowers - Del Mar - Quarter - 577575
Prima - Color Blooms - Summer Sky - 573867
Prima - Color Blooms - Soft Teal - 573782
Cheesecloth
Straws



Have a scrappy day!

Are you visiting the Tallahassee area soon?
Stop in and say hello!
Plan a day trip! Crops -Classes-Fun
1168 SE Capital Circle
Tallahassee, Florida 32303
Tel: 850.270.6366 Toll Free 800.231.7119
Visit the Flying Unicorn Store! www.flyingunicornstore.com


2 comments:

  1. Wat een geweldig leuke foto van je nog jonge zoon, love the colours and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een geweldig leuke foto van je nog jonge zoon, love the colours and layout!

    ReplyDelete