Friday, June 10, 2016

Flying Unicorn - BAP - June Kit - Dream!


Hello my Uni friends! 

I'm so happy to be showing you the layout I've made for the Flying Unicorn Today Post.
As we all are big fans of our One Month One Kit concept, this month the choices are nothing short of stunning. So many ways to design with these beautiful Prima - Salvage District Papers and gorgeous embellishments by Petaloo, 13@rts etc.


I started of with putting clear gesso on my page. Since I had no clear idea yet what I was going to do I prefer to prep my page this way. Better be safe then sorry. Once dry I used heavy gesso to put some details on the page. 


I used the Prima Woven Stencil with the Shimmerz Texturez - Patina on different spots on the paper. The Bobunny Glitter Paste I mixed with some heavy white gesso and used it with a Tim Holtz mini stencil. The 2 different patterns mix nicely together.


I decided to use an IOD mould and painted it with a couple of colors to match the theme and dry brushed it with the Silver Finnabair acrylic paint. On the side of the page I put a simple strip of paper.


In the kit we also received a Petaloo Trims pack, This month I'm making full use of all the fibers on the card. To continue the diamond theme I decided to cut some to stick on the layout.



Once on the layout I accentuated the edges with some gesso and used the stamp from the kit to give it an extra detail.  


Now back to my flowers. I kept it fairly simple. I used one of the big Prima flowers and carefully cut it in half. Wanting to give the impression of a hair piece on the photo. The IOD piece got the other half with another Prima flower and also some Petaloo's.


The papers just work so well with black/white photos. I had to steal this one from my daughters facebook so I could scrap it. I just love it. 



For some final accents I added the Crystals we got in the kit, some Prima trim and the Dear Lizzy title. 


I hope you've enjoyed the process of the project. 

All the specified products used for this layout can be found in the list below. Products are provided by Flying Unicorn.

Prima - Stencil - Woven - 584559
Tim Holtz - Mini Collection Set 9
Prima - Heavy Gesso - 961442
Prima - Salvage District - Grand Garden - 586423
Prima - French Riviera - Saint Tropez - 586133
Petaloo - Botanica - Sugared Minis - Royal Blue - 1131122
Prima - IOD - Baroque 6 - 814823
Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Opal Magic Blue-Gold - 963675
Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Metallique Silver Spoon -963101
Shimmerz Vibez - Palm Reader
Prima - Salvage District - Say it in Crystals - 584788
Dear Lizzy - Water Color Words - 369220
Prima - Trim - Arctic Jute - 576929



Thank you for looking!

Have a scrappy day!


Are you visiting the Tallahassee area soon?
Stop in and say hello!
Plan a day trip! Crops -Classes-Fun
1168 SE Capital Circle
Tallahassee, Florida 32303
Tel: 850.270.6366 Toll Free 800.231.7119
Visit the Flying Unicorn Store! www.flyingunicornstore.com



No comments:

Post a Comment