Saturday, April 30, 2016

FUL - May - Canvas - The Sea!


Hello Paper Friends!
This months  Flying Unicorn kit is gorgeous with a wonderful travel/nautical theme. Combining the 2 brands, Prima Marketing and Authentique. In our kit you'll find a 6x6 piece of chipboard that can be used as a canvas and I was inspired by Robbie Heinrich Herring's idea  of using The IOD Molds. In my idea I wanted to make it look like a fireplace mantle. Having the weather wood paper as a wallpaper.


So that's how I started off. Form our 6x6 Prima French Riviera Collection packs in kit I got 2 sheets of the same paper and cut one of the a quarter inch smaller on 2 sides and distressed all the sides. I put cardboard under it to make it stand out. 


I picked 2 Molds. One from Vintage Art Decor Mould - Baroque 6 - 814823 and the other from Vintage Art Decor Mould - Baroque 3 - 814793. I painted them with Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Metallique light patina - 963248 accenting it with Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Metallique Steampunk Copper - 963064. I dry brushed the little resin frame (Prima - Shabby Chic Treasure - 892098) with the Steampunk copper. Inside I used one of the stickers from Authentique. The two little Tim Holtz bottles I filled one with glitter and the other with aqua colored beads. One of the brads would look great as a picture frame. I put some Dresden trim on the bottom of the "mantle" piece. With the kit we got a wonder collection of blue French Riviera flowers and the beige flowers were in our March kit. 


The metal adornments are also part of the May kit. There is a whole assortment. Aren't they just wonderful!

This months Flying Unicorn kit is just fabulous and I hope you have as much fun creating with it as I have. 

Below is the list with used items. As always my 

Vintage Art Decor Mould - Baroque 6 - 814823
Vintage Art Decor Mould - Baroque 3 - 814793
Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Metallique light patina - 963248
Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Metallique Steampunk Copper - 963064
Prima - French Riviera Flowers - 586171
Prima Resin Frame - 

Thank you for looking!

Have a wonderful scrappy day!



Are you visiting the Tallahassee area soon?
Stop in and say hello!
Plan a day trip! Crops -Classes-Fun
926 North Monroe St
Tallahassee, Florida
Tel: 850.270.6366 Toll Free 800.231.7119





2 comments:

  1. It's a lovely peace of art, I just adore the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely peace of art, I just adore the colours!

    ReplyDelete