Wednesday, April 6, 2016

FUL - April Kit - Adventurous!



Hello Uni & Paper friend! 

I hope you're all enjoying all the beautiful projects you're seeing being made with the Flying Unicorn April Kit. They are amazing. Today I'm adding another one to the mix with a cheeky one featuring my cat Wesson. He is for all intends and purposes an adventurous kitty. We took him in nearly a year ago and it's been a joy having him with us.


Back to the layout, hihi. I used the beautiful Studio 75 paper that cam in the kit and first prepped it with clear gesso. Had not completely figured out yet what I was going to do, but knew I was going to spray and just wanted to make sure the paper wasn't going to warp. After that dried I wanted to use  the stamp we got in our kit last month, Prima - Salvage District Stamp - 584726, stamped it over the page randomly. Now I got out the Studio 75 stencil that was also part of the kit and applied Modelling paste wherever I felt I wanted to show the stencils features.  


Letting the paste dry I moved on to using Prima Color Bloom - Empress Gold - 580315 adding some water to the mix to get a little drip effect here and there.
This took care of my background. 


My layers were made with the Studio 75 - Secret Garden 6x6 pack, Prima White Paper Doilies - 584696,  a Prima - Gold Crochet Doilies - 584948, a piece from IOD - Baroque mold 6 - 814823 and a piece from IOD - Baroque 1 - 814809. The mold pieces I dry brushed with Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Metallique - Steampunk Copper - 963064 with a little extra detail done in  Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Metallique - Dark Velvet - 963125.

Just adding the Prima, Kaisercraft & Petaloo flowers that were part of the kit to complete the look. A little hint of gold on the berries and we're done! I hope you like the layout!


As usual the kits are chock full of gorgeous products, below is the list of items I used:

Prima - Modelling Paste -761411
Prima - Color Bloom - Empress Gold - 580315
IOD - Baroque 6 - 814823
IOD - Baroque 1 - 814809 
Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Metallique - Steampunk Copper - 963064
 Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Metallique - Dark Velvet - 963125

Thank you for looking!
Have a scrappy-tastic day!



Are you visiting the Tallahassee area soon?
Stop in and say hello!
Plan a day trip! Crops -Classes-Fun
926 North Monroe St
Tallahassee, Florida
Tel: 850.270.6366 Toll Free 800.231.7119

Visit the Flying Unicorn Store! www.flyingunicornstore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment