Good evening paper peeps!
Tonight I have a tutorial for you! Ha, I know, I don't do them all that much and in true Lydia fashion have forgotten to document maybe a step, but I'll try to guide you through this as best as I can.
For my set of 3 Christmas Cards I choose to do 3 different designs, mostly because I rarely make the same card and also to show you that with basically the same items you can create 3 totally different looks.
Here we go!
For the cardbase I had store bought cards from Michaels 5x6 1/2". I cut them a 1/4" shorter to accommodate me with the 6x6 papers I was using. In this case Prima: A Victorian Christmas. I cut 6x4 3/4" mats for each card.
For the center of the card I used the 2 matching Note cards that are also part of the Victorian Christmas Line.
For an extra detail I cut out wreaths in matching colors. This die is by Cozy Christmas - Yvonne Creations, but some of the Prima doily dies would work very nicely as well if you cut out the center. It always looks that extra little bit nicer when you ink the edges of your papers. I chose Jim Holtz Distress Ink-Vintage Photo. Now it's time to assemble your card with all your little extras you have around.
For this card I decided to place the wreath in the top left corner so the writing is still seen through the center and Mrs. Claus is also still visible. I placed a cut-of in the center of the card, stuck some card board under each layer to create an extra effect and used Prima: A Victorian Christmas flowers on the top of the wreath. A bow, a couple of leaves and voila, the first card is almost done.
Card two has a whole different look. I cut the wreath in two and stuck it in the center with a gap. Used some of the Prima Trim:Cours Mirabeau Floral lace on either side, some ribbon, A Prima: A Victorian Christmas-Rudolphs Nose and Petalo-Botanica Collection flower on either side, some leaves and nuer 2 is almost done!
I tied a green ribbon around the top Note Card and stuck it off set on the second one. I stuck the wreath over the top Note card and slid it under the ribbon. Placed some flowers around the ribbon with some leaves and berries and there is number 3 almost done.
For some extra details I added some gesso here and there and stickles, just to make your card pop that little bit more.
As you can see, although they started out pretty much the same, because of placement and changing around a few flowers cards can look completely different.
I hope you liked this little tutorial. If you have any questions, just drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll try to help as much as I can.
These little beauties are soon leaving for a couple of Flying Unicorn ladies for our Christmas Card Exchange. I'm so looking forward to receiving some gorgeous home-made Christmas cards this year.
Will be quite the change, since I'm normally the one who makes them.
Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! Hope you had fun!
Have a scrappy fun day!